Re: .m2v files which format ?

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 01:07:45PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:

> > Has anybody comeacross this file format ?
> >

> 'fraid I have no fish for this request, but here's a fishing rod:
>
> Package: file

Then here is a net:
 eckage: bitcollider
 bitzi.com
  Think of it as file(1) with a really big database on the internet with
  constant contributions from others of metadata on files.
    .
  Bitcollider is a small program to reliably identify and describe files
  on your machine. When run with a specific file as input, this program
  does two major things:
* It examines the file, calculating a distinctive digital fingerprint,
  or bitprint, and taking note of some other identifying information that
  can be extracted from the file, like file length and the local filename.
  * It launches your web browser to do a lookup at our website,
  * submitting this identifying information as the search terms.
  .
  At bitzi.com you'll see what - if anything - others have said about your
  file, and have a chance to contribute descriptions or comments yourself.
  If your automatic submission included information useful to our database,
  that new information will be contributed to the database under your screen
  name.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@subdimension.com