package naming?!

Hello!

I'm using testing and while installing on my system I've noticed some thing
about the available package names.

Examples:
If you want to _use_ telnet. Install package telnet.
If you want to _provide_ telnet. Install package telnetd.
If you want to _use_ ftp. Install package ftp.
If you want to _provide_ ftp. Install package ftpd.
If you want to _use_ ssh. Install package ssh.
If you want to _provide_ ssh...

Oh, there is no sshd. This is part of ssh. Maybe it would be more convenient
if this is the same to all packages. To use the service you can start with
the package of the services name. (Sure there are alternatives) If you want
to provide a service use <servicename>d to install the daemon...
Or is there any problem with this naming convention?

Andre