Re: ftp "reget" via netscape?

Alan Davis wrote:

> The amazing thing is that netscape on my sid machine DID have the desired behavior, just like the standard FTP.  Automatically, it started at the end of the incomplete file on my disk, and FTPd the rest.
>
> I wish to know what is the difference, since Netscape on the woody box didn't exhibit this nice behavior.

  from my experience: it looks like netscape uses reget in some special
cases only, you cannot force it to use reget, I am not sure how netscape
decides it should use reget, quite often it just overwrites the file. I
think it only uses reget when there was a communication error, in other
cases it does not do reget (e.g. when netscape crashes, you start it
again, it just overwrites files that were not fully downloaded)

  there might be some didfferences between sid and woody version
though...

	erik