Expire Mail with Gnus

* Colin Watson <cjw44@flatline.org.uk> [20010521 15:37]:
> The main benefit of a newsgroup is that the news server will
> automatically expire messages that I obviously haven't got round to
-snip-
If you want this sort of auto-expiry from your news/email you want to
use Gnus. Gnus is the Emacs newsreader, and is versatile and powerful to
the extreme. It can be used for email, and by treating email as news,
with a configurable expiration setting you're in effecting expiring
email (i.e., deleting) as you wish. If I weren't using Mutt/slrn/vim I'd
use Gnus, Emacs. One cool feature I like is its ability to display
_underlined_, /italics/, *bold* in the actual form, not a color coded
equivalent. Pretty swift.

   John  [Praise the Lord for vim and Emacs]

--
John Bacalle                                f./vm. +1 212 894 3778 x1057
(slrn:*v****:Tin) (Mutt:v*****:Pine) (GnuPG:v*****:PGP) (GNU:v*****:OSI) N