Re: Problems using IPMASQ with PPPOE

"Philip Bubel" <philip@bubel.com> writes:

> I am having problems using IPMASQ with PPPOE.  I'm running kernel 2.4.3 with
> the latest potato packages of IPMASQ and PPPOE, and the kernel is complied
> correctly (I think).  I am able to use PPPOE no problem, as the Linux box can
> connect to the internet, however none of the machines behind the firewall
> can.

With pppoe, there are problems with mtu sizes being mismatched which
cause the connection to freeze.  Running the following (one line)
after the other rules are added fixes this for me:

iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pm

See

  http://www.hgfelger.de/mss/mss.html

for more information.

Dan