Debian 2.2 in Armada E500

Hi all,

I'm wondering if somebody has succeded  installing Debian
in a Armada E500, or in a laptop in general.

Personally, I found installation of Debian quite frustrating, although
I like this Linux distribution. It's really pity that a dood distribution
like Debian doesn't recognize nothing in my system while RedHat
recognizes all, without problem (expect modem - winmodem).
Another thing, I installed Gnome and Enlighment but the graphical
interface was so strange and difficult to work - I like the design of
Gnome under Redhat.

After 4 attemps, I succede to install the X server and finally the mouse.
But no success of installing the modem (I didnt' try the
ethernet card). Because of this I get back into RedHat but
I intend to try installing Debian again - because I like it apt package.

I appreciate any successful experiance with Debian on laptops or
any other clue (I'm not a linux expert - just a basic user).

Thanks - arian

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!