Re: [users] Network starts before PCMCIA

also sprach Patrick Colbeck (on Fri, 18 May 2001 09:48:43AM +0100):
> I just installed 2.2r3 on a Libretto and it works fine except that on
> boot it starts the networking before it starts PCMCIA so the ethernet
> card is not initialised. I can do a /etc/init.d/network resart and it
> all bursts into life. Is there a recommended way of fixing this issue

/etc/init.d/network only applies to hard network cards (although it
works once pcmcia is initialized). you should not use it, but look
into the /etc/pcmcia tree, which provides its own scrips,
/etc/pcmcia/network, that is called whenever a network card is found
in the socket.

i have the power to channel my imagination
into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.