package version problem

Hi!

I have created the new openssh package for my personal use (version 2.9p1) and
have build .deb files of ssh and ssh-askpass-gnome packages. But when I
uploaded the package to my local .deb archive and ran dpkg-scanpackages I got
the following output:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Del ssh 2.9p1-1 [489kB]
Del ssh-askpass-gnome 2.9p1-1 [82.3kB]

I have no clue why it deletes it since there is no mention of any ssh package
higher than 2.5.2p2 from debian... so what can I do to make this work.
And another question.. when I create some package from the debian source (for
instance by running apt-get -b source somepackage). When I install that newly
created .deb file and than run apt-get upgrade, that same package is marked as
old and replaced by the original debian file... what does one have to do for
the package only be replaced by higher version number and not the same
version...

THX in advance!

Bostjan
--