Re: Daily Sid update resulted in whacked system.

Osamu Aoki wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:24:47AM -0500, John Foster wrote:
> > I just did my daily update of Sid on my test system and it will now only
> > boot to runlevel2 & not much of anything works, including dselect, apt,
> > etc. Any ideas before I start chaseing my tail:-)
> > John Foster
>
> If dpkg -i works (in most case), you can recover .  My quick reference
> i(see below URL) has many hins.  Good luck.
>
> playng with fire^H^H^H^Hunstable is fun!    Osamu
It is certainly a great learning experience. This is however a new one
on me. The system is booting the kernel OK. The scripts in rcS, rcD,
etc.,  and all if the stuff in init.d will not run. The file system is
being mounted read only and runlevel2 is now the default. I looked at
the /boot directory and I see that all of the boot sequence files have
been rewritten by some installation script when I updated Sid. I was not
offered a chance to run lilo and I "think" that may cure the situation.
Any Ideas??

John