Re: pump, dhcp question

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 05:04:41PM -0600, Bill Bell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a box which is using mostly woody and I have a quesiton about using pump
> as a DHCP client.  Documentation for pump is scarce, perhaps because
> functionality is limited.
>
> How do I run a script each time pump refreshes it's information?

Did you read the man page?  It says:

] CONFIG FILE
]        Pump  supports  a simple configuration file which lets you
]        tune   its   behavior.
] ...
]        script executable-filename
]
]
]               When  events  occur in negotiation with the server,
]               calls the given executable or script.  Scripts  are
]               called  when  a lease is granted, when a renewal is
]               negotiated, and when the interface is brought  down
]               and  the  address released.  The scripts are called
]               with two or three arguments, depending on the  con-
]               dition, as documented in the table above.

Now, I notice the table isn't there.  It is in the man-page source
though ... here's what it says:

] Condition       arg1    arg2    arg3
] lease           up      eth0    1.2.3.4
] renewal         renewal eth0    2.3.4.5
] release         down    eth0

So in the case of a renewal teh script should expect 'renewal', <dev>,
<ip> as the three args.

Have fun,

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.