Re: apg-get: "Can't exec "/var/lib/debconf/config.88153": Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/IPC/Open3.pm line 188."

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Damn, you're good:
>
>     $ mount | grep '/var '
>     /dev/sdb6 on /var type ext2 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
>
> ...I figured it was a security bonus -- no executables in variable
> content filesystems.  I'll have to rethink that one, clearly.

I would feel bad and offer to change debconf, but I suspect you will see
similar problems when installing any package with a perinst script, or
probably any other maintainer script for that matter.

--
see shy jo