Re: printer

nw x <xingnw_02@hotmail.com> writes:
nw> I have a question about my printer: When I print some "pdf" from
nw> acroread, the printer works fine, however, when I want to print
nw> some plain text file from xterm with the command "lpr filename", I
nw> can just get the first two lines of the file. Does anybody know
nw> how to fix this problem?

Read the Printing Usage HOWTO, hopefully installed on your system as
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Printing-Usage-HOWTO.txt.gz.  In
particular, see the very first question under section 5, "Answers to
Frequently Asked Questions".

Installing the Debian magicfilter package might be helpful to you,
too.  It includes filters for printing most common types of documents
to most common types of printers; it should cause plain-text printing
to Just Work.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell