Re: apt-get from apt-move mirror doesn't update binary-all packages (SOLVED)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 07:55:44PM +0100, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Today I compared the structure of the Debian ftp site with my local apt-move
mirror and found the reason for my problem.

> I'm using apt-move to build a local mirror for the packages in my apt-get
> archive cache. When I upgrade the packages on another machine in my
> home network with "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade" only the
> packages from the binary-i386 branch are upgraded but the packages from
> the binary-all branch are left out.
>
> While searching for the reason of this behaviour I found out this:
>
> 1. There are packages under the tree debian/dists/potato/main/binary-all,
>    but there is no Packages.gz as under .../main/binary-i386.

On the ftp site there isn't a Packages.gz under .../binary-all either.
Instead the packages from binary-all are listed in the Packages.gz from
.../binary-i386 (or in general from .../binary-$ARCH).
In the Packages.gz built by apt-move under .../binary-i386 the packages
from binary-all are missing.

So I built the Packages file for binary-all and binary-i386 manually with
dpkg-scanpackages and merged them into a compound Packages.gz under
.../binary-i386. Now an apt-get on a remote machine (via NFS) is upgrading
the binary-all packages, too.

Bye
Andreas