Re: another modem question

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 03:39:31PM +0100, Peter Fedichev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using my modem for dial up and fax services. Everything works fine,
> the only problem is that the modem does not indicate that the line is
> busy, when I phone to ISP or recieve/send a fax. Anyone has an idea what
> should I send to the modem to make it actually "hold" the line?
>
> --
> Peter O. Fedichev (Ph.D.)
> ITP, Innsbruck

Don't know what you mean by "hold" the line.  If you are
able to dial out for fax/ ISP etc, obviously your system
is in perfect working order, and your modem is  actually
holding. The external  "Receive" and  "Send" LEDs should
light up when working, if you have an external modem. In
case they are not lighting up,  it is more  likely to be
some hardware problem of your modem.

AFAIK, there are no  AT commands which can achieve this.
In any case I am sending an attachment of all modem "AT"
commands known to me in  your personal mail  (modem.gz).
After gunzipping it is over 25k long.

HTH

USM Bish