Re: 386 install

Daniel Migowski wrote:
> On Montag, 20. November 2000 16:15, Jean-Marc Cadudal wrote:
> > I have an old 386 on which I'd like to install Debian 2.2.
> > HP Vectra RS/20
> > 10 Mb RAM
> > 100 Mb DISK
> > Floppy 1,4 Mb
> > Floppy 1,2 Mb
> Btw. forget it. I saw a pentium/100 with 8MB RAM, and it was unusable slow.
> apt-get-installing a 20kb-package took 5 Minutes(!). After upgrading to 24MB
> RAM (didn't check 16MB), it was a cool server, even able to run small
> php3-scripts in a fast manner.

I have a 486 with 12mb of RAM, and it runs fine in text mode.  I
don't use X anyway so that's cool with me.  I would think 10mb
should be fine if you don't overload it.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/