Re: basic xscreensaver question

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 06:35:57AM -0700, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have two easy questions about xscreensaver:
>
> 1.    How can I make it load automatically (without starting the deamon from the menu everytime)?

make a ~/.xsession with something like this:

#! /bin/sh

xscreensaver &
exec wmaker

it needs to be executable, chmod +x

> 2.    I have the GL screensavers turned on, but I get errors about not setting my MESA_GLX_FX variable.  Right now I have it so that it sets it in my bashrc.  What would be a better (global) file to put that it so all programs could take advantage of it?

(please fix your line wrap)

no idea on this one, ive played with GL savers a bit but never had to
mess with any variables like that.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/