Re: running apt-get update && apt-get upgrade as a cronjob?

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

>     apt-get update && apt-get upgrade --download-only

If I run apt-get from inside dselect (with "U" in the main menu), then
when I "S"elect packages the first time, all packages that are new will
be displayed at the top of all packages, making it easy to select
interesting ones.

When doing apt-get update from the command line, this does not seem to
be so, i.e., dselect doesn't display the new packages at the top when I
run it first time.

Can this be achieved somehow, so I can keep track of "new" packages
better?

Ekkehard