Re: Workstation and IP-Masquerading

Theres two options - you can do as you want and use one of the existing machines as a firewall/masq box etc, but it will have to be running linux. It will work, but will be less secure, and more confusing than the second option.

Are you aware that any low-end pentium or 486 will work fine as a firewall? it doesn't have to be a flash machine... I was using a 486 SX33 with 12 Mb ram and 500 Mb HD for about 12 months. It doesn't need a monitor or keyboard (unless you want to display syslogd on it - herc mono monitors are very good for that.) The other advantage of this is that things are easier all-round.