Re: exim

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 09:38:48PM +0100, Arne Braun wrote:

> I´m having problems to configure exim for a temporar
> conection to the internet, using several providers.
> My mailbox is at yahooo via smtp and pop and now I
> need a sample configuration-file.

What exactly is the problem?
You basically have to set up exim with a so called "smarthost" which
is the SMTP-Server you want to deliever mails through. Note: Many
SMTP-Servers require to authentificate yourself so you need to check
your mails before you are allowed to send some. The SMTP-server from
you Internet Service Provider (ISP) should not require this.

If you are not connected, exim stores the mails and will send them
after you got connected. This is handled by /etc/ppp/ip-up There should
be a file called /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/exim with this content:

#!/bin/sh

# Flush exim queue
if [ -x /usr/sbin/exim ]; then
        /usr/sbin/exim -qf
fi

If you don't understand this, I can write you a detailed instruction
in german but I thought it would be impolite to write german in this
ML, because most subscribers don't speak german.
Phil