Re: compiling Realtek into kernel

Christoph Simon wrote:

> RealTek cards come under lots of brands. The best advice I have for
> you is to leave them alone! I had two of them in my box which
> started crashing every few hours. I see them in the networks round
> there, and they give you permanent troubles. Try to change them
> as soon as possible!

Which cards do you prefer?

After listening passivly for quite a while on several maillists you
get the impression to keep away from every ethernet card(!).
Many people use 3com, Intel, dlink etc. and all swear on different
cards and recommend to purchase their favourite one.

Did you use Realtek or kernel modules on your tests?

Best regards,

Robert