Re: mv -i doesn't work?

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> Anybody else  have this problem? /bin/mv -i  and /bin/mv --interactive
> do not prompt before moving. From the stable fileutils. -chris

Chris

mv -i is not interatctive, rather it is query before overwrite.

Exerpt from man mv:

 mv - move (rename) files

SYNOPSIS
       mv [OPTION]... SOURCE DEST
       mv [OPTION]... SOURCE... DIRECTORY

DESCRIPTION
       Rename SOURCE to DEST, or move SOURCE(s) to DIRECTORY.
[snip]

       -i, --interactive
              prompt before overwrite

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I hope this is all of the above.)