install via FTP HOWTO?

Greetings, Debianites!

I am a pseudo-newbie (been using RedHat 6.1 for about a year), but I want to upgrade to Debian. Since I am a student, I will wait until the winter break to do so, since Linux (Evolution, Mozilla, and StarOffice 5.2) is my working environment.

I was wondering if there is a HOWTO available for newbies such as myself on how to install via FTP?

I have a cable modem and I believe this is probably the easiest way for me to install.

Thanks in advance...
--
James W. Lindenschmidt
JWL@maine.rr.com