Re: libc6 header problems

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 01:43:46AM -0600, Pat Mahoney wrote:
> > /usr/include/string.h:37: parse error before `?'
> > /usr/include/string.h:55: parse error before `?'
>
> A parse error seems like it should be an easy fix...too bad I'm
> incompetent.  But why is this happening at all?  Obviously it is just
> me or at least not most people (searching the mail archives turns up
> nothing).

This time, try this command line and tell me if it works to compile
xmms.  You have to do it to all the Makefiles in xmms.

$ cp Makefile Makefile.bak; cat Makefile.bak | sed -e s%-I/usr/include%%g - > Makefile

After you have gotten all the makefiles, then try to compile it.  If
this works, then you have an extraneous file in /usr/include that you
need to get rid of.

Good luck,
Chris

--
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
is that it hasn't tried to contact us.