Re: Proposal - simple textual wrapper for packages

guran remberg <guran@nr1.nu> wrote:
>Yesterday I sent the following proposal to the secretary@debian.org,

Wrong person, and I imagine it won't get you anywhere; read the Debian
Constitution to find out what the secretary does. This sort of thing
should be sent to debian-devel or submitted as a bug against the
'general' pseudo-package (not both, as bugs against general go to
debian-devel anyway).

>I want the simple mode of selecting packages, at the installation, to be
>stationary, and to be the starting point for a newbie, when he chooses
>to change his initial selection.

>Certain repeated questions in the user area can be managed through a
>'simple wrapper (=sapper)' with increased choices for the newbie.

Look through the archives of debian-devel for discussion of easy
administration tools like webmin.

>Certain programs that are today put into the 'base' area, ought to be
>made a choice for the newbie. Emacs is an excellent example,

Since when was emacs in base?

Regards,