Re: maildir & imap

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 01:45:57PM -0700,
Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
> Did this. Using mutt directly it works fine. But courier-imap does not
> provide any mail. Trying with mutt I get an empty screen and the status line
> says "No mailbox". With worldpilot I cannot even connect. It just times out.

Are you using the "{host}INBOX" format? Try opening a connection
to the server yourself.

~$ telnet localhost 143
<courier-imap's greeting stuff>
Enter these commands:
A1 LOGIN name pass
A1 STATUS INBOX (unseen)

That should tell you how many new message are in the Inbox. Did
that work? If it did, it's a Mutt problem. Otherwise, the problem
is somewhere else. You can look in ~/Maildir/cur and
~/Maildir/new to see if there are any actual messages in there.

> Do I need a subfolder at this stage? I take it it should work with just
> Maildir, won't it?

No, you don't need subfolders; i was just demonstrating how to
use them.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"When I give food to the poor I am called a saint, when I ask why
 they go hungry I am called a communist"
 --Bishop Helder Camara