maildir & imap

I would like to install courier-imap on my server, so I can get some system
in the way all the mails are stored. But I never used a maildir type mailbox
before. However, I cannot find any sufficient docs. I know I have to
configure procmail accordingly which was rather easy. Then I ran
maildirmake.courier with several names. It worked since mutt was able to
read the mail. But the imap server keeps telling me there is no mailbox.

Could anyone tell me the correct name or point me to some better docs?

Michael

P.S.: Please CC me on replies.
--
Michael Meskes