STILL! problem printing with cups

Ron Farrer (rbf@farrer.net) wrote:

> The thing is, is that not even the stcolor.ppd driver that comes with
> the cups source works! (I grabbed the source since the deb didn't come
> with ANY drivers!)

I still cannot print, it's been several days and I still cannot get cups
to work at all. When I try to reinstall lprng, apt wants to remove
"samba samba-common smbclient smbfs swat" along with cups... Setting
those packages to "hold" doesn't help. Anyone have ANY suggestions on
how to get things working again? BTW, why did cups replace lprng? From
what I've seen, cups is a piece of sh*t where lprng was rock solid.

TIA,

Ron
--
Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>