Re: Question about a module ne

This happens because the ne modules relies on the 8390 module. It's best to use
modprobe instead of insmod since it will resolve these dependencies for you.
Alternatively, you can just first say 'insmod 8390' and then your insmod line. If you
were trying to setup this card during installation of the operating system and it
wouldn't take the options you passed on the command line this is because of a
long-standing bug which was there in Hamm and I think even Bo. You'd think they'd fix
it huh? When I got bit by this the second time it'd been so long I didn't even
remember the problem. The solution in that scenario is indeed to exit to the command
line and manually insert the module. If you're interested, the problem is that the
modconf progam seems to add the file to /etc/modutils as it should but the either
doesn't run update-modules to update /etc/modules.conf or update-modules fails. Anyway
this should be enough information to get you going and then some.