Install/Config q's

Last night I installed Potato using the 'network' method.  It was
very nice! (especially with my 100Mb/s connection).

Debian has more packages in the distro than RH!  Very cool!  I found
some debian packages that I hadn't been able to find rpms for
previously.  The only problem is that many of the packages are old (ie
gnome-*, sawmill, python, etc).  When was Potato released?  (that may
be the problem and woody might have the newer packages)  How unstable
is woody?

When I looked at the inittab file, it had a comment saying that
runlevels 2-5 are mutlti-user.  Ok, but not enough information.  I
have been using RH for 2 years, and it has runlevel 5 for X and 3 for
full multi-user.  Does Debian use the same runlevels?  I know some
distros use different nubers than RH.  (The inittab should explicitly
list each runlevel)

I'll probably be back later with more configuration questions, but
that's all that's on my mind for now.

-D