Re: how to handle perl modules not "debianed"

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 01:48:24PM -0500, will trillich wrote:

> good question. i wonder about that, too.
>
> and i just thought of a way to test it.
>
> find a perl lib that debian DOES have packaged, but
> use CPAN to download and install it.
>
> test it to make sure all is well.
>
> you might munge the module a bit to add your own global
> variable, for testing.
>
> THEN do the apt-get install <debian-perl-lib> and see
> if you can still access your global variable or not...
>
> when i have time, i may try this. let us know if you run
> this test and what you determine...

Ah, well i'll try that some quiet moment and let you know!

Is there any doc to learn about where debian installs
PerlModules and why? (Moduletree seems somewhat complicated!)

Does anyone know which information a debianed module contains,
that the CPAN module doesn't?

Thanx for the hint
Bernd

p.s.: If someone could tip me on my apt-get problem,
      motivation on this problem, would be boosted :)

                 bernd.worsch@web.de