Multiple netscapes; multiple x servers; a question

My wife and I use the same debian box. We don't want to log
in and out, and so I've been logging in as her in KDE,
doing an xhost + mymachine and then using telnet/ssh to
log in as me.

We both run netscape and both access our email that way.
She
has desktop 1 and I have desktop 2.

Problem is, netscape get's confused. (V 4.73 ... haven't tried
V 4.75 yet).  When 2 netscapes are loaded, one of them will be able
to check email but not the other. I think it's an interprocess
communication thing. The broweser for one session seems to see
that the mailer for the other session has already checked mail
or is already displayed. Thus, clicking on the mailbox icon doesn't
do anything.

Two possible solutions:
1) Netscape 4.75 works and all is well. We can continue with this plan.
2) Run 2 xservers and ctrl-alt-Fx back and forth.

Does this second solution slow things down a lot? I have a 350K6 with 128Mb RAM.
Also, is there a MINI-HOWTO on setting up two Xservers. I thought it would
be really easy but had some troubles getting everything to work "just so".

Any other thoughts?
Doug Eck