Re: xscreensaver password

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 08:46:09PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 12:12:59AM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > installation. i have no idea, if i can be changed later without *big*
> its trivial, simply add md5 to the end of your password lines in
> /etc/pam.d/*
> password    required    pam_unix.so use_authtok nullok md5
> to tell if your password is md5 format, look in /etc/shadow (or passwd
> if you don't use shadow) if it starts with $1$ its md5, otherwise its
> crypt.

Wont this invalidate your old passwords, or does it detect that they used
a crypt based hash and use that instead? Otherwise I guess you have to be
careful to make sure you run passwd before you log out after making this
change.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware