Re: Mozilla eats even more memory

> If they are threads then this would be a (serious?) bug in the graphical
> top-like tool I used.

it's not a bug, it's a feature! ;-)
under linux, threads are equivalent processes. the only difference between
them and real processes is, that threads belonging to one program share
their memory. currently there is no means of finding out, which threads
belong together (aside from looking deep into system data structures).
a new feature called "thread groups" has been introduces into the upcomming
2.4 kernel a few weeks ago (or at least it has been discussed). this was
done with posix threads in mind, but will also enable simpler recognition
of threads belonging together in top-like programs.

i hope, this clarification does not confuse you even more ... :)

regards

Real programmers don't comment their code.
It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
--
Become part of the world's biggest computer cluster -
join http://www.distributed.net/