Re: telnet replacement

Hi,

  I think that I need some document on the ssh.

  I thought ssh and sshd are the client and server that would
  replace telnet and telnetd respective.  Why is ssh only available
  for non-us distribution?

  Secondly,  I log on to the site below and found:

    non-free/
     ssh-askpass-nonfree
     ssh-nonfree

    main/
     ssh
     ssh-askpass
     ssltelnet
     telnet-ssl
     telnetd-ssl

  what are all these and which should I use to replace
  telnet/telnetd on the Debian and yet allow windows/NT
  user to login securely.

  Thanks in advance!