Re: What is the diff. b/w libstdc++ and libg++ ?

ssahmed@pathcom.com wrote:
>While on the subject of 2.3.99-pre8, can Debian users who have tried it
>comment on its stability (or lack thereof) for basic home-use (email &
>WWW browsing under X) with Debian potato ? How about with Debian woody ?

Though I haven't tried 2.3.99-pre8 personally, I've tried 2.3.99-pre6,
and discussion on the linux-kernel mailing list suggests that they have
roughly the same problem; virtual memory performance while doing
input/output is dreadful, and kswapd takes up a ludicrous amount of CPU
time. Using kernels that recent leads to perceptible delays while
*typing into an xterm* here.

I'd recommend you stick with 2.3.99-pre3, perhaps even 2.3.51 if you
don't need iptables.

There shouldn't be much difference between potato and woody in this
regard; it's a more fundamental problem than that.

>One more thing, I am assuming that pppd-2.4.0b1 is in woody ?

Just 2.3.11-1.4, I'm afraid, like potato.