Installing lp in potato..

>When selecting the device driver module for lp (line
>printer) in potato
>get this error:
>
>/lib/modules/2.2.14/misc/lp.o: init_module: Device or
>resource busy
>/lib/modules/2.2.14/misc/lp.o: insmod
>/lib/modules/2.2.14/misc/lp.o
>failed
>/lib/modules/2.2.14/misc/lp.o: insmod lp failed.
>
>Installation failed.

The lp support in potato (2.2.x kernels) has been
split into two parts.  You need to load parport_pc.o
and lp.o (in that order) or it won't work.  Any io or
irq parms must be specified to parport_pc.o and the
parport# specified to lp.o  Drove me batty for a while
trying to get the lp driver(s) to grab only one of my
three parallel ports.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze