Re: Mutt questions (Was: Looking for a good mail program)

> Thing is there is an unneeded step in there.  Exim doesn't need a
> delivery agent (procmail) not does it need a filter program (procmail)
> since both are build in.  One could just use Exim for both of those so
> the path would be fetchmail -> exim -> mutt.

or the other way around, fetchmail doesn't need exim and can deliver
directly to procmail (this is what i do).  i prefer this because then i
don't need to run an mta on my laptop.  my ~/.fetchmailrc looks like this:

heyzeus(larry)$ cat ~/.fetchmailrc
set daemon 60
poll localhost port 1100 protocol pop3 uidl
  username larry password MyPass
  mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d larry"
  preconnect "ssh -C -f -L 1100:mailhost:110 sshhost 'sleep 9'"

this also tunnels through ssh which is nice cause you don't send your
password in plain text, but it works better if you have passwordless ssh
setup.

adam.