Re: Mutt questions (Was: Looking for a good mail program)

Brendan Cully wrote:
> > - Can Mutt automatically move incoming mail into different folders?
>
> sort of. usually that's done with procmail. but you could probably use
> the "push" command and folder hooks to move things when you open your
> spool. I personally use procmail on my IMAP server.

Ahh, this I don't quite understand.  I always donwloaded my mail from a
POP3 server, and then had Netscape sort it into various inboxes.

I thought, that I would now use fetchmail to get my mail from the POP3
server (actually from more than one) and have it all appended to my
mailbox in /var/spool/mail and the MUA would then process it
appropriatly.  So where does procmail come into the game?

I guess, I should go read the Networking-Overview-HOWTO and the
Mail-HOWTO, but I still have those various LDP guides on my agenda.  :(

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
E-Mail:		mailto:rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de