Re: Potato Broke My X

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 08:20:46PM -0800, Jim Varney wrote:

> Updating my Potato system a few days ago with dselect broke my X windows. X
> starts up with the herringbone and shows a single shell window and prompt.
> It never gets as far as the full desktop. I have to use cntl-alt-backspace
> to close the aborted X session. In my xsession error file it says

X is working fine. However, no window manager is being started. Try
"update-alternatives --display x-window-manager", possibly the
alternatives system got stuck in manual mode and is pointing to a window
manager you've since removed. man update-alternatives for more info, and
the command to put things back in automatic mode.

--
  finger for GPG public key.