quake-svga signal 11

Hi,

I've been having memory trouble..  A month ago I go new computer (a
PIII450 with 3*128Mb).  One SDRAM modules was broken, the machine
didn't pass the kernel compile test.  So I swapped till I found the
broken one and traded it for a new one.  This configuratie passes a
1000 kernel compile tests.

A few weeks later, yesterday, I installed quake-svga and logged on to
a server.  After a couple of minutes squeezing my mouse, quake goes
signal 11;

  svgalib: Signal 11: Segmentation fault received.

Hmm, memory problem still exists?  I downloaded memtest86-2.1 from
<http://reality.sgi.com/cbrady_denver/memtest86> and found another
defect module.  I took it out and had memtest86 run all night (9
hours) on the remaining 256Mb of RAM and it did not find any problems.

So today, I finished work and connected to a quake server to do some
mind numbing fragging and hoepla after a couple of minutes, quake goes
signal 11 again.

I cannot find an other way the reproduce this, not playing single
player quake, running 20 quake-x11 demo's concurrently, compiling
gcc..

Could it be a quake-svga problem or am I still experiencing memory
problems?  Could my video memory be faulty?  Some BIOS setting?

Can anybody help me out?

TIA,
Remco

--
amfetamine MDMA Marxist RAF CD CIA NSA samizdat alarm Honduras
anthrax FNLC Delta Force KKK Saddam Hussein Ft. Meade spy aanslag