Re: Gnome-print / Gnumeric

> John May <j0hn@linuxfreak.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Has anyone managed to get gnumeric + gnome-print working at all?
>
> I mailed the gnome-print author and the package maintainer for two
> weeks ago (approx.) and have not yet recieved an answer.
>
> If you find out you are more then welcome to tell me.
>
> --
> ( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
> ( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )
>

> --

(mailed & posted)

I had the problem of constant complaints about an emtpy or near empty
/usr/share/fonts/fontmap file.  I just fixed this tonight on my box :

You need to install text/gsfonts package.  Then install the latest gnome-print
(0.9-1 since today), or if you already have 0.9-1 installed, then you need to
manually run the shell script /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-print.postinst

This script seems to generate the entries in the /usr/share/fonts directory,
and it must be run *after* the gsfonts are installed.  It generates a fontmap
file which gnumeric / gnome-print don't take an instant dislike to.

Actually, I would call this a workaround rather than a fix, since I don't
see why the fonts already on my system (x11 fonts) aren't considered sufficient.
Also, I couldn't see any mention of this in any of the package docs.

But it's great to be able to play with my favourite spreadsheet again !

Regards,
Paul