Re: Weird ICQ problems

I was having some wierd crashing problems too, mostly on kernel compiles
(got to the point where I had to compile kernels for my firewall on
another machine). I was averaging 2 day uptimes (still better
than most W95 machines) Suspecting a hardware problem, I swapped my sound
card, video card, IDE driver, serial port driver (It was also crashing
whenever I tried to access the serial ports), until I finally swapped a
486 motherboard for my pentium motherboard and my memory failed the boot
check. I now have two 16 meg simms sitting on my desk and check out my
uptimes

$ ud -d
- Uptime for myrouter.home.ericzeller.com -
Now  : 26 day(s), 01:07:08 running Linux 2.0.36
One  : 26 day(s), 01:05:14 running Linux 2.0.36, ended Tue Sep 14 22:48:35
1999
Two  : 16 day(s), 11:05:48 running Linux 2.0.36, ended Wed Jul 28 23:52:06
1999
Three: 16 day(s), 02:13:28 running Linux 2.0.36, ended Sat Aug 14 09:34:03
1999

the last time I rebooted was because my sound module had got stuck
wouldn't unload, and the time before that was when I realized I had
installed the parallel cable backwards on the motherboard (note: the red
stripe does not always point to pin 1)

Eric Zeller	A Happy Oacis Employee			ezeller@ericzeller.com
http://www.ericzeller.com
"The Ships hung in the air in exactly the same way bricks don't" - HHGTTG