Re: Weird ICQ problems

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Robert Rati wrote:
>
> > I'm having problems getting any icq client to stay up.  I was running LIcq
> > just fine, but recently, it crashes very shortly after I get online.
> > GTK-ICQ is the same way.  I've had my machine be unstable for some reason
> > or another and would crash long compiles (qt, kernel, etc) and more than
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^      ^^^^^^
> > once fsck on bootup wouldn't be able to fix it and I'd have to fsck the
> > drive manually.  After these crashes is when the ICQ clones started
> > crashing after it logs on.  What I'm wondering is if one of the fscks
> > could've deleted or damaged something the ICQ clones use?  If so, does
> > anyone have any idea what?  I am considering re-formatting and
> > re-installing Debian, but I don't really want to seeing as how I've spent
> > so much time configuring this already.  Does anyone have any ideas of
> > things to try?
> What specifically does the kernel (or qt, etc) compile 'crash' with?

By crash I mean my machine would hang and I'd have to hit the reset
button.  This caused linux to fsck the drives and of course there'd be a
lot of problems.  A couple of times fsck couldn't fix it automatically and
I had to run fsck manually.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu   1999-00 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
ICQ# 2325055                        |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
                                    |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O
"Shackles cannot keep me bound      |          A REAL Man's OS!
 forever.  I'm outta here."         |