Re: .tgz? How do I go about extracting them?

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:41:18PM +1000, Revenant wrote:
> There's a very complex method listed in my "Running Linux" book.  But,
> given the rate at which Linux is evolving, pretty old.
>
> Is there a easier, newer way than that convoluted string piping from
> gzip to tar etc. ?
>
> Thanx.

Personally i just type 'extract <file>' but i am farely sure that i got that program from a friend a while back rather than with debian.

If you want it then feel free to email me and i can send it to you.
I dont that it does bz2 however so it helps to know the tar swiches anyway (of course).

--

Tim Nicholas
tubby@albatross.co.nz               ICQ# 15869961

"Let the frantic Goddess and delerious drunk cry together in shadow for the puppys sad stare, the forest and the death of the moon."