bootstrap query

I am installing Debian 2.1 cdroms, first go at Linux or unix, on
an AMD K6 200, on a second 2Gig HDD.  The machine has win 98 on
a 6gig Hard disk.

After dealing with network options in the installation I created
a Boot Floppy and used it to reboot.  This took an unusually long
time.  Is that usual?  8 or 10 minutes?

I was pleased that it did boot!  It then wanted to set the root
pw, and a usr login & password.  Did that.

Next, select packages... I chose to do the custom package and
ticked various boxes.  But then I could not get to <OK>  or
<cancel> boxes on the bottom of the screen which sat there, red,
inviting, but unable to be clicked!  I tried the querty keyboard,
one key at a time but It was hung and I rebooted.  After the long
reboot I logged in as root & went to dselect without the package
selected in bootstrap.   dselect is now mocking my intelligence,
but that is another story.  I will choose it all from there or is
there some point in going back into bootstrap?

Walter

Walter Logeman  walter@psybernet.co.nz  http://www.psybernet.co.nz