Sendmail thanks, now serial PPP

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone that helped me with my sendmail
problem. The end result is that, although all solutions were fantastic,
I didn't know that I needed to run the sendmail config program after
making changes. Once I was told I needed to do this, everything started
working.

So now I'm onto a new problem, again relating to my palmtop. I have
modem connections working beautifully... However, there are times when
I'm sitting at home and I don't want to tie up all the phone lines dialing
into myself, so I figure I can use a serial cable and run ppp over that.

Unfortunately, I've never tried such a thing, and can't even figure out
where to start. The palmtop seems to thave the options to run ppp over
the serial line, so that's all ready to go.

Here's what I have:

192.168.0.1 -> my gateway to the world, etc.
192.168.0.7 -> my Linux box in my office with a serial cable.

I figure I need to set up getty in some strange fashion to have it
go into ppp mode instead of tty, and that I can't use mgetty like I have
done for my modem connection. I also assume that I'll need to do some
routing.

Since the palmtop (0.0.69) can either be attached to .0.1 or .0.7, I'm
guessing that I'll have to have the routing table defined on the fly.
I already do this for the modem connection.

Thanks for any help,
	Mike