Re: Uncomplete installs

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 09:32:07AM +0200, Anders.ohrt@Delphi.se wrote:

> When I install a package that gets run at boot and then remove it, the files
> in /etc/init.d and /etc/rc?.d stays behind. Is this a 'feature' for not
> accidently removing config stuff, or just some strange behavior?

It's a feature.  The file in /etc/init.d is normally a conffile, which
doesn't get removed unless you do dpkg --purge on the package.  As you
say, this is all about preserving configuration information.  The links
should be removed when the conffile is, for similar reasons.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/