sendmail and isp relay (aka anti-spam)

Hi,

Right now I send out mail using my local smtp server which works fine
with typically a single drop.  This, granted, looks like spam and
that's why I was considering using my isp as relay.  This is where
sendmail fun begins.

My machine sits on a local lan and has been named master.localnet with
localnet being 192.168.0.0 and the machine 192.168.0.1.  I have a
preferred email address wind@freewwweb.com which (in theory) will
remain forever, so I would like to masquerade as freewwweb.com.  When
I moved, I found out that my preferred isp dosn't have a pop in this area
so I signed up for another isp flash.net.

/etc/hostname:

master

/etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1       localhost loopback
192.168.0.1     master.localnet master
192.168.1.1     awind.flash.net awind
192.168.1.2     pppd.flash.net

Now, I don't care which ISP that I relay through but after a night of
playing with this and reading up on sendmail, relay and anti-spam, I
still haven't been able to crack this.

It seems like part of the problem is that sendmail forwards the
master.localnet address to the (ISP) relay which rejects it based on
the fact that the name doesn't resolve (obviously). master.localnet is
intended to be used for eth0.

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

divert(-1)
VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc      8.9.3 (Linux) 1999-6-3')
OSTYPE(debian)dnl

## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)

# masquerade
MASQUERADE_AS(freewwweb.com)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(freewwweb.com)dnl
FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

# relay/anti-spam
define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.freewwweb.com')dnl
#FEATURE(mailertable, `text -k0 -v1 /etc/mail/mailertable')dnl
FEATURE(nocanonify)dnl
FEATURE(rbl)dnl
#FEATURE(relay_hosts_only)dnl

# misc
FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
FEATURE(redirect)dnl

# mailers
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

Compiled and installed, I get the following error when trying to
actually relay mail:

... while talking to smtp.freewwweb.com:
>>> RCPT To:<wind@sap-help.com>
<<< 550 <wind@sap-help.com>... Relaying denied
550 wind@sap-help.com... User unknown

About the same result when I cahnge SMART_HOST to the smtp host of the
ISP that I dial into.

Any ideas, suggestions?

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind			mailto:wind@sap-help.com
Manager Information Systems	phone: 781.359.9791 (general)