Re: Debian list `From' line (Re: exim & mutt, weird)

ahhh OOPS!
I tottally forgot about that one!
I still prefer ^X-Mailing-List: .....
since you know debian-user puts it in...(also that way if a messgae is sent to
you directly AND to the list...the version that went through the list
get ssorted in the list folder and the copy directly to you goes in you inbox
This brings upa  thought....
what if you didn't want that behaviour and actually wanted the duplicate mail
which would differ only by a few headers (a coupld of "recieved", an X-Loop
(from debian-user) and the X-Mailing-List, to be lost (so that you only get 1
copy of the mail and only read one)?
Could that be easily done?
I wonder....
(hmm possibly use an external script which would grep the "folder"
for that identical message ID and not deliver it if that ID shows up??)
-Steve

Joel Klecker wrote:

> At 10:14 -0400 1998-04-21, Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> >Nils Rennebarth wrote:
> >> * ^TOdebian-user.*
> >> debian-user
> >I used to use that also but a number of them got through
> >I don't think that handles cc: to the list
>
> >From procmailrc(5):
>
>        If  the  regular expression contains `^TO' it will be sub-
>        stituted by `(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-
>        Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)', which
>        should catch all destination specifications containing a
>        specific word.
>
> --
> Joel "Espy" Klecker    <mailto:jk@espy.org>    <http://web.espy.org/>
> Debian GNU/Linux Developer...................<http://www.debian.org/>
>
> --

-=Signature has been removed because it made an unfair comparison between NT 4
and Linux =-
replacement: (ok I admit...I am bored..its a slow day at work)
[sjc@debian ~]$fortune -o
Anything more than 3 shakes is for fun.