Re: inconsistent X security?

On Mon, Apr 20, 1998 at 10:52:15PM -0500, pgarcia wrote:
> I'm currently not using xdm; I'm using startx to start X.
> When I don't have an .xserverrc file, X uses magic cookies.
> When I do have one (that simply says X -bpp 24), the security
> is completely disabled.  What gives?  How do I use an .xserverrc
> file without losing my security?

I have an .xserverrc file and things work fine:

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/X -ld 8192 v :0

maybe the "exec" is important? It certainly speeds up X-windows startup cf.
without the "exec".

I use this at work all the time ("cp ~/.Xauthority /remote/" in .xinitrc).

I'm runnnig the latest hamm stuff.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com,  http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers